Inside you will find…
(1) My Profile Section:
This is a section at the front, which includes space for a photograph and allow you to fill in important information about the child.
(2) My Starting Point Section:
This section allows you to outline the child’s starting points in line with the key focus areas in the Outcomes and Development Matters documents.
(3) The Learning Journey Section:
The bulk of the book is taken up by the Learning Journey Steps.
Each step in the Learning Journey consists of three double page spreads, which should be filled out once a week, or once every other week.
Each step contains the following Key Focus Areas:
• What did I learn today? – A place to record what has been learned, in line with the key areas of the Outcomes and Development Matters documents.
• How am I learning? – A place to record an observation using a schema, also keep in mind the characteristics of effective learning.
• What did I learn on my own? – A place to record child led learning.
• What did I learn from others? – A place to record learning led by peers or adult.
• Working in partnership – A section to communicate with parent/guardian and work together to help the child’s progress
Activities at home – A place to record or suggest activities for learning at home
My next steps – An outline for the next steps for the child’s learning journey